Former Belconnen Water Police Site (Block 29 Section 149)
The former Belconnen Water Police Site (Block 29 Section 149), located on Evelyn Parker Place beside Lake Ginninderra, is scheduled for sale in 2017-18, under the ACT Government's Indicative Land Release Program.
The site will be sold under the existing Territory Plan CZ6: Leisure and Accommodation zoning which includes a two-storey height limit. The sale will exclude the existing mature trees south of Evelyn Parker Place, the retaining wall around the lake edge and the jetty, which will remain as Territory Land and be publicly accessible. Any future development will also be required to provide continuous public access around the lake edge.
Demolition of the site was completed in mid-2017. The Land Development Agency discontinued an Expression of Interest (EOI) process for the site in 2017 after receiving no submissions that complied with the requirements of the EOI.
The project team is committed to ensuring community members are kept informed of the sales process for this site and involved where possible. Community engagement and communications to date has been:
- Letter to Beissel Street residents and businesses about the site sale and demolition in November 2016
- Meeting with Sea Scouts, Belconnen Community Council (BCC) and Belconnen Arts Centre (BAC) representatives in November 2016 to discuss site objectives and evaluation criteria. The BCC and BAC also developed an 'Emu Bank' vision document which is included as an appendix in the EOI.
- Presentation to the BCC meeting on 21 June 2016.
- Meeting with Sea Scouts and BCC representatives in May 2016 to discuss potential issues in the site's redevelopment.
- Letter to Beissel Street residents and businesses in May 2016 to inform of the demolition DA
- Meeting with Belconnen Community Council and Belconnen Arts Centre representatives to inform the outcome of the EOI process in early 2017.
For further information please email EPSDDcomms@act.gov.au