Gungahlin Town Centre East - Road Extensions
The ACT Government is upgrading a number of important roads around Gungahlin to improve traffic flow and safety, including:
- Extending The Valley Avenue from Kate Crace Street intersection to Manning Clark Crescent.
This section was opened 21 November 2016. Road users turning from Kate Crace Street onto The Valley Avenue must now give way. Signs will be in place to inform users of these changes.
- Extending Manning Clark Crescent from Flemington Road to Anthony Rolfe Avenue. Construction on this section has been delayed due to wet weather and is expected to finish mid-February 2017.
This map shows the location of these road extensions, which will be a single lane in each direction.
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC IMPACTS
Manning Clark Crescent in Franklin
Manning Clark Crescent, between the intersections of Barbara Jefferis Street and Flemington Road reopened on 21 November 2016, however, motorists will be restricted from turning right from Flemington Road into Manning Clark Crescent when driving towards the city. This restriction is in place to enable construction on the northern side of the Flemington Road/Manning Clark Crescent intersection as part of the Manning Clark Crescent extension. View a map of the area.
ACTION Bus Changes
ACTION bus 57 and school buses will be rerouted to travel along Manning Clark Crescent between Oodgeroo
Avenue and Flemington Road to avoid the construction works. Two temporary bus stops will be in place.
For more information visit the ACTION website www.action.act.gov.au.
This upgrade will:
- Reduce traffic along Hibberson Street in Gungahlin and integrate Gungahlin’s transport system.
- Create convenient alternative routes and provide better traffic flow around the Gungahlin Town Centre.
- Provide improved pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
- Improve traffic flow during the construction phase and operation of the light rail project.
This project is part of the ACT Government’s integrated approach to transport for Gungahlin.
Other improvements will include:
- Stage One of the light rail from Gungahlin to Civic.
- Horse Park Drive duplication and intersection upgrades between Anthony Rolfe Avenue and Well Station rive, as well as detailed design work for the duplication of Horse Park Drive from the Federal Highway to Mulligans Flat Road.
- Gundaroo Drive duplication between Gungahlin Drive and the Mirrabei Drive/Anthony Rolfe Avenue intersection.
- The Barton Highway/Gundaroo Drive/William Slim Drive roundabout upgrade.
For up-to-date information on all Gungahlin road projects and changed traffic arrangements please visit
If you would like to receive email updates on Gungahlin roads projects please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact EDcommunity@act.gov.au or call 13 22 81.