Gungahlin Town Centre East - Road projects
Ernest Cavanagh Street Extension
Ernest Cavanagh Street will be extended between Hinder Street and Manning Clark Crescent to provide access and services to new blocks of land. These works will start in mid-2017 and be completed by the end of the year.
New road to the south of The Valley Avenue
A new road will be constructed to the south of The Valley Avenue to provide access and services to new blocks of land in Gungahlin Town Centre East. Construction on the road is due to start mid-2017. This project will link Gungahlin Place, Kate Crace Street and Manning Clark Crescent to the new road. The intersections of Kate Crace Street/The Valley Avenue and Gungahlin Place/The Valley Avenue will become a four way signalised intersection. Construction work on the Gungahlin Place/The Valley Avenue intersection is due to start mid-2017. Construction work on the Kate Crace/The Valley Avenue intersection is due to start early 2018. Works on these sections will take around twelve months to complete.
This upgrade will:
- Reduce traffic along Hibberson Street in Gungahlin and integrate Gungahlin’s transport system.
- Create convenient alternative routes and provide better traffic flow around the Gungahlin Town Centre.
- Provide improved pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
- Improve traffic flow during the construction phase and operation of the light rail project.
- Provide access and services to new blocks on the eastern side of the town centre.
This project is part of the ACT Government’s integrated approach to transport for Gungahlin.
Other transport improvements underway in Gungahlin include:
- Stage One of the light rail from Gungahlin to Civic.
- Horse Park Drive duplication and intersection upgrades between Anthony Rolfe Avenue and Well Station Drive, as well duplication of Horse Park Drive from the Federal Highway to Mulligans Flat Road.
- Gundaroo Drive duplication between Gungahlin Drive and the Mirrabei Drive/Anthony Rolfe Avenue intersection.
- The Barton Highway/Gundaroo Drive/William Slim Drive roundabout upgrade.
For up-to-date information on all Gungahlin road projects and changed traffic arrangements please visit
If you would like to receive email updates on Gungahlin roads projects please email email@example.com
For more information please contact EDcommunity@act.gov.au or call 13 22 81.